Exploding cassette player severely injures child in Malabe

A child residing in Malabe has been admitted to the Mulleriyawa hospital after sustaining severe burns while attempting to operate a cassette player that was abandoned near a trash site in Malabe.

It has been reported that the child recovered the remnants of an abandoned cassette player in close proximity to an air conditioning unit repair centre yesterday (29) on the Malabe Kaduwela main road.

Upon returning home, the child attempted to operate the cassette player by connecting the device to a power outlet. Reports confirm that the device exploded while the child was attempting to power the cassette player.

The explosion caused severe burns to the child’s torso, arms and feet. It has been reported that a government analyst has been called to conduct a special investigation on the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *