Outstation students carry away top honours at A/L
Outstation students have emerged the best performers at the GCE A/L examination 2017, according to the results released by the Examinations Department yesterday.A Buddhist monk has come fist in the Arts stream.
Commissioner General of Examinations B. Sanath Pujitha said Dilini Sandunika Palihakkara of Sujatha Balika Vidyalaya, Matara, had obtained the best results in the Bio Science Stream while Sridaran Duwarakan of Hartley College Jaffna had secured the top position in Mathematics stream.
In the Commerce stream, Dulani Rasanthika Subasinghe of Sujatha Balika Vidyalaya, Matara secured the first place. Ven. Pathberiye Munindawansha thera of Saddharmalankara Pirivena, Ratnapura obtained the highest marks in Arts, while Paramee Prasadi Hettiarachchi of Mahinda Rajapaksa College, Matara topped in the Engineering Technology stream, Lakshitha Chathuranga Medalagama of Sivali College, Ratnapura obtained the first place in Bio Systems Technology stream and Hiruni Shakya Abeythunga of Devi Balika Vidyalaya Colombo came top in the Common/other stream.
Others who have obtained second and third places are as follows:
Bio Science stream: Hasitha Geeth Gunasinghe of St Joseph Vaz College Wennappuwa (02), Ishan Shaluka Ramanayake of Ananda College Colomobo (03). Mathematics stream: Pamuditha Himan Somaratne of Bandaranaike Vidyalaya Gampaha (02), Jeyarajan Paul Janson of St. Patrick College Jaffna (03).
Commerce stream: Kaushalya Subahini Dabare of Musaeus College Colombo (02), Fathima Akeela Iswar of St. Paul’s Colombo (03).
Arts stream: Saheli Achana Wickremanayake of Ladies College Colombo 07 (02), Dilki Sandupama of Ferguson High School Ratnapura (03).
Engineering Technology stream: Pragathi Ishan Madushanka of Narandeniya Central College Kamburupitiya (02), Pasindu Lakshan Adipattu of Mayurapada Central College Narammala (03).
Bio Systems Technology stream: Ramesha Srimali Warnakulasuriya of Debarawewa Central College Tissamaharama (02), Kamaleshwari Sendilnathen of Vembadi High School Jaffna (03).
Common/other stream: Shaveen Bhashitha Thilakaratne of Royal College Colombo (02), Diyol Brandon Antony of De Mazenod College Kandana (03).
“163,104 students had qualified for university entrance out of 253,483 students who sat the examination last August,” Sanath Pujitha said adding that the examination was held at more than 4000 centres countrywide.
The examinations chief said the results of 205 students had been suspended due to several reasons.
Sanath Pujitha said applications for rescrutiny of answer scripts would be accepted until January 15.
Students with any queries regarding their results could contact the department through telephone numbers 0112784208, 0112784537, 0113188350, 0113140314 or 1911 emergency hotline, the Commissioner General said.
The University Grants Commission said the cut off Z scores would be released after the release of the results of re-corrected answer scripts.
1. Dilini Sandunika Palihakkara (Sinhala Medium) – Sujatha Vidyalaya, Matara
2. G.A. Hasitha Geeth Gunasinghe (Sinhala Medium) – Joseph Vaz College, Wennappuwa
3. K. Ishan Shaluka Ramanayake (Sinhala Medium) – Ananda College, Colombo
1. Sridharan Duwarakan (Tamil Medium) – Hartley College, Point Pedro
2. P.M. Pamuditha Himan Somaratne (Sinhala Medium) – Bandaranaike College, Gampaha
3. R.D. Jeyarajan Paul Jansen (Tamil Medium) – St. Patrick’s College, Jaffna
1. S.A. Dulani Rasanthika (Sinhala Medium) – Sujatha Vidyalaya, Matara
2. P. Kaushalya Subashini Dabare (English Medium) – Musaeus College, Colombo
3. Fathima Akeela Iswar (Sinhala Medium) – St. Paul’s Girls’ School, Colombo
1. Ven. Pathberiye Munindawansha Thera (Sinhala Medium) – Saddharmalankara Pirivena, Ratnapura
2. Saheli Achana Wickramanayake (English Medium) – CMS Girls’ College, Colombo
3. G.G. Dilki Sadupama – Ferguson High School, Ratnapura
1. P.P. Ransirini Hettiarachchi (Sinhala Medium) – Mahinda Rajapaksa College, Matara
2. Pragathi Ishan Madushanka (Sinhala Medium) – Narandeniya M.M.V, Kumburupitiya
3. Pasindu Lakshan (Sinhala Medium) – Mayurapada Central College, Narammala
Bio Systems Technology
1. M.K. Lakshitha Chathuranga (Sinhala Medium) – Sivali Central College, Ratnapura
2. W.P. Ramesha Srimali (Sinhala Medium) – Dembarawewa Central College
3. Kamaleshvari Sendilnathan (Tamil Medium) – Vembadi Girls’ High School, Jaffna
General / Other Stream
1. J. Hiruni Shakya Abeytunga (Sinhala Medium) – Devi Balika Vidyalaya, Colombo
2. Shaveen Bhashitha Thilakaratne (Sinhala Medium) – Royala College, Colombo
3. D.B. Anthony Bynes (Sinhala Medium) – De Mazenod College, Kandana