Shooting ourselves in the foot

• 20 Aug 2007 00:52:09 GMT

This article clearly explain the GOSL mis managements in International theater.

GOSL has already done the damage which is beyond repairs.

Former FM`s Mr.Kadiragamar,Mr.Samaraweera and Now Mr.Bogollagama with Mr.Samarasinghe face the International pressure to SL failures.

It`s simply playing into opposition By Mr.Fernandopulle.

MR should come hard on this minister to curtail this type of comments.

IC will slowly turn table to GOSl as RW wishes.

That will completely stop IC funds to GOSL which will put Economy/Development into a standstill.

• 20 Aug 2007 08:55:20 GMT

What is funny is, GOSL blaming the opposition for failures with the IC.

• 20 Aug 2007 09:53:50 GMT

There are no PEFECT rulers in this world. GOSL is among them.. Let us stay with a positive note and finish off these terras from our mother land

CD

• 20 Aug 2007 09:57:36 GMT

MR government is suffering from foot in mouth decease and what they say is not taken seriously by even venders on the pavement.

• 20 Aug 2007 12:20:57 GMT

Jeyaraj Fernandopulle adds fuel to the fire. With a minister like him MR does not need enemies!

[Senior government Minister Jeyaraj Fernandopulle yesterday launched a scathing attack against United Nation?s Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, declaring that he did not give a ?damn? about whatever that ?foreigner? (Ki-moon) had to say.

In yet another of his regular verbal harangues, Fernandopulle, who is also the Chief Government Whip, told The Nation, ?I don?t give a damn about what this UN boss has to tell me or Sri Lanka. He can say whatever he wants, but I will still go by what I said and that is, John Homes is a terrorist who takes bribes from the LTTE.?

Fernandopulle also said that he had a busy schedule, and had better things to do than waste his time listening to what the UN boss and the likes had to say.

?I do not care what the UN Secretary General says. We cannot allow any foreigner to come to our country and work against us,? he said. ?I am a busy man and I have bigger problems to worry about than a statement made by the UN Secretary,? he added.

The Minister went on to say that he would stand by his claim that the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs John Holmes is a ?terrorist.? He said that he would not allow Holmes to continue tarnishing the reputation of the country in the international arena.

?We cannot allow outsiders to meddle in the internal affairs of our country,? said the Minister. ?I am not going to be intimidated by anyone, even the UN Secretary General.

Meanwhile, UN Secretary General Ki-moon said Friday that comments by a Sri Lankan Minister calling his humanitarian coordinator a ?terrorist? were ?unacceptable and unwarranted.?

?We believe the comments to be unwarranted and unacceptable and the Secretary-General fully supports the work of his emergency relief coordinator, John Holmes,? UN spokesperson Michele MMeanwhile, Holmes in a letter addressed to President Mahinda Rajapaksa late last week, emphasised the need to move on following ?wild allegations made against him by some sections.?ontas told reporters. ?Over the past week or so, I have been increasingly concerned that one comment of mine in response to a question raised by Reuters attracted such disproportionate attention from the Sri Lankan media, and also from some official institutions and Cabinet members.

I have explained the context in my letter to Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe earlier this week, and I hope we can now move on. That is why I have not reacted to the wild allegations against me by part of the Sri Lankan media and some members of your government, though the allegations that I am a terrorist and the implied threat about teaching me a lesson are matters that I hope displease you as much as they do me,? he noted in his letter.]

Taken from www.nation.lk (19/08/2007)

• 20 Aug 2007 12:35:18 GMT

The lack of educated and intelligent leaders/ministers has been a perennial problem of SLFP, which is full of backward and inferior minded persons.

SLFP needs more people like Kadirgarmar and Samaraweera who can deal with international community. Even Anura can control his mouth when required.

Look at the list of ministers in MR`s cabinet who are given international assignments:

Dr. Sarath Amunugama

Mahinda Samarasinghe

Rohitha Bogollagma

All of them are former UNPers! Whatever said and done in politics they know what to speak and act diplomatically.

Now compare them with people like Jeyaraj Fernandopulle and Ratnasiri Wickramanayake! SLFP desperately needs quality people.