Caste system in Sri Lanka

• 26 Jan 2008 19:05:03 GMT

MArgaret THATCHER is a Sri Lankan woman from Weaver caste of the East.

Sri Lankan history is well written. See how many books are named here.

Ask the same question with tamil history in Sri Lanka and their literature. NOTHING. Even the few books that they mention are from TamilNADU. Tamil flags are from TamilNAdu, nothing Sri Lankans.

I heard even the some tamils are former sinhala people who became tamil because they lived for so long in those areas.

• 26 Jan 2008 19:06:48 GMT

Che,

[that`s a long list]

It figures isnt it?......goes with stupidity of our people....I mean BOTH Tamils nad Sinhalese :):):)

• 26 Jan 2008 19:26:40 GMT

Dear Mr. Levinson

I did not read the article. will do so tomorrow.

Right now I`m a bit drowsy you know :)

I know a bit about thissubject

You said in one of your posts in SF`s thread you were going to talk to yourself and report back.

Anything you divined?

• 26 Jan 2008 19:30:11 GMT

I am overcast:))

• 26 Jan 2008 19:32:07 GMT

Buckamoono,

[I know a bit about thissubject

]

By all means...your comments are welcome....

[talk to yourself and report back. ]

Well, I gave SF a dealine and he promptly reported back.....he didnt give me any time to report....believe me, next time if he is late...I am going to give a nice `military update` along his lines :):):)

BTW why drowsy?....dekak dalada AnuD wage?

:):):)

• 26 Jan 2008 19:54:46 GMT

Unfortunately this has been a curse. Its slowly being taken down but you still get the odd one out who wants to KNOW!

• 26 Jan 2008 20:01:18 GMT

I knew AnuD will there somewhere at the top::))))

Good he is not asking everyone to list their cast alongside the flags:))))

• 26 Jan 2008 20:09:13 GMT

Aani,

are you overcast with `Cloud 9`?

------------------------

TCK,

[Unfortunately this has been a curse. ]

Looks like still it is...especially in rural areas!!

Anyway, I did post this simply for the benefit of expats and their children who would never know that such a thing ever existed in their home country...

-----------------------

Robins,

[I knew AnuD will there somewhere at the top::))))

]

As a Budhist AnuD can`t belong to any caste:):):)

• 26 Jan 2008 20:40:17 GMT

[are you overcast with `Cloud 9`? ]

I am on it

:)):)):))

• 26 Jan 2008 20:45:57 GMT

Hhmmmmm Nice article.

What about Daladamaligawa drummers?

They are High cast.