Talking to Tamils in Sri Lanka

• 9 Feb 2009 06:10:51 GMT

[The defections which gave the president a comfortable parliamentary majority, of course, became possible not without consideration. All those who changed sides were rewarded with office notwithstanding public opinion on the size of the cabinet]

A Government without an Equal opposition is not a democratic government.

A democratic government would raise the opposition to equal level by including amongst itself natural opposition - such as Tamils who seek self governance.

A government that pays to get majority votes is trading in ownership with the opposition selling its own shares in the issue for bigger profits.

As for non-LTTE Tamils - that would not work as per my feelings. It`s time for International Administrators recruited on merit basis by the existing Tamil politicians - through an open and objectively measurable process.

• 9 Feb 2009 06:19:07 GMT

Uduwerage,

[Whether Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Humanist, the taking of any human life, whether this is done my so-called terrorists or my guardians of the state is wrong and has to be condemned. A peaceful resolution is possible in Sri Lanka, one in which ALL may benefit.]

This is lovely to read - even though the mind says that it is not a current reality.

I do believe it would be possible in the future if enough of us believed that it is possible and practiced it in our respective environments - including this one.

Whether it be the majority or the minority, faith is necessary to govern on daily basis. Hence majority vote. If North is facilitated to govern itself only through Public Administration that is accessible to the common person, and without any politics from any side - the solution will evolve. I know this through my own direct experience in North and East - in the small villages I serve. The attitudes of the Public Officers needs to be `service` and not autocracy.

• 9 Feb 2009 06:20:02 GMT

[Give me the definition of NON LTTE TAMILS please. Kadiragamar! yes, but how many like that.]

This guy is looking for a definition. That is the definition. Non LTTe. Just like people who don`t support junta government. In south you have, junta supporting people and non junta supporting people. What further definition you want.

• 9 Feb 2009 10:21:29 GMT

[...LTTE and NON LTTE (1%). ]

So according to your own calculations, non LTTE tamils are just 1%! What is the percentage of sinhalase supporting JVP. JVP also terrorised people and governments during 1972 and 1980s. So according to you, non JVP are just 1%.

You need to go back to drawing board my freind.

You seem to be ultra nationalist/sinhala/buddhist mafia supporter who seem to think that every other tamil man is LTTE.

• 9 Feb 2009 11:44:41 GMT

[think what is next..get you all Tamils together as a nation..fight 4 your rights in peace.]

So you have concluded that I am tamil and I am supporting LTTE and fighting for rights. You R wrong. I am sinhala buddhist and I decend from a royal blood line. My great great grand father was a great sinhala king. I am fighting for minority rights. Not for my own rights.

[It is a shame that you people still have your say here?]

So, according to you, only junta supporters should have their say. Others have no say. Is that why junta is getting others kiled.

• 9 Feb 2009 14:40:12 GMT

Underwage we wish to read more comments like that. Welcome to the forum mate.

Unfortunately you represent a tiny minority :-((

• 9 Feb 2009 15:06:48 GMT

Srilankan goverment did exellent job, by banning all media personal to reporting any truth, then eliminating all tamil politician, bombing all schools, hospitals, churchs, no firing zone area with people in it. killing them all, children, seniors, innocents. killing humanatarian aid agency personal, and deth threatening them and other international personal. murdering all jurnalists who were telling truth. Raping underaged gals and widows, in and outside of prisons, appointing all criminals, such rapist, murders, terrorist in to their force so they can hide the truth. only mistake the srilankan made was when the srilankan army force went to haiti, as peace keepers, when they were soliciting underaged gals, and got caught by the media, they didnt do anyting to those media personal. srilankan government has a good plan, abduction, torture, rape, murder, without getting caught. murdering more than 80000 people. international members can learn lot from these criminal government minds and still getaway with these criminal /genocidal activity.

• 9 Feb 2009 17:56:21 GMT

Both US and UK is fighting terrorism

It is best leave it that way as they know the effect of the cancer

• 10 Feb 2009 01:06:57 GMT

[I am sinhala buddhist and I decend from a royal blood line.]

Raigomaya,

Excellent. You are not from the blood line of Don Jaun Dharmapala, are you? I`m asking this because...you know...

• 10 Feb 2009 03:03:55 GMT

[I am sinhala buddhist and I decend from a royal blood line.]

RG,

If you pay a visit to Angoda Mental Hospital, you will find few people who not only claim they are carrying the royal blood line of certain Sinhala kings, but they are those kings themselves. In any event, my advice is PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE. There are incidents where hospital staff have forcefully intervened and kept some of the visitors under their custody as they could pose a threat to the society.

-Muchalinda