* Sighting the moon - Thursday, April 19 for the new Solar Year
* Bathing for the old year - Thursday, April 12 - with ointment prepared from `Bo` leaves.
* Dawn of the New Year - Saturday, April 14 at 12.29 p.m.
* Punyakalaya and Nonagathaya - Punyakalaya begins at 6.05 a.m. and ends at 6.53 p.m. on April 14, Saturday. Cease work during Nonagathaya from 6.05 a.m. till 12.29 p.m. on the same day. Engage in religious activities during this period.
* Preparing the first meal - Saturday 14 at 1.01 p.m., clad in blue, facing South, light the hearth and prepare `Kiribath` (milk rice) along with a dish made of `Thala` (Sesame) and Jaggery.
* Partaking in the first meal and transactions - Saturday April 14 at 2.51 p.m., clad in blue, facing South. After partaking meals transactions could be done.
* Anointing of the head and bathing - Sunday, April 15 at 8.21 a.m., clad in red-yellow clothes and facing South.
* Leaving home for work - Thursday, April 19 at 6.11 a.m., clad in gold colour and facing North.