38 HIV victims in Jaffna

  • 6 Nov 2007 07:22:04 GMT

    [Five hundred and twelve males and 353 females were found to have contacted HIV in Sri Lanka upto April this year.]

    [Thirty eight persons are reported to have been infected with the HIV virus in the Jaffna peninsula and of these, 16 have succumbed to the infection..]

    LOL.. So basically 865 persons infected with HIV are outside of the Jaffna peninsula.. aka southerns!

    So.. basically of the total population LIVING with HIV in Sri Lanka today only 2.5% are in Jaffna (north) the rest 97.5% are Southern Yaks!

  • 6 Nov 2007 07:22:33 GMT

    [in Jaffna most persons with HIV are men]

    Wonder how they manage to prevent infecting their wives, and girl friends !

    Anyway the guys in our forces based in Jaffna had better be careful when going out on a `binge`!

  • 6 Nov 2007 07:28:28 GMT

    Is Parayakaran one of the 38 with HIV

  • 6 Nov 2007 07:38:52 GMT

    Wijeyasinghe,

    No! his fat bulging stomach would in all probability be getting in the way and preventing his `thingy` from doing it`s `thing`! In any case fat individuals tend to have a only a small `thingy`! LOL

  • 7 Nov 2007 02:52:12 GMT

    [It is estimated that 3,500 persons are living with HIV in Sri Lanka at the end of 2003. The current ratio of HIV-positive men to women in Sri Lanka is reportedly 1.4 to 1, although in reality, there are probably far more men infected then women as in most early phase HIV epidemics.

    The risk of HIV/AIDS spreading among sex workers is heightened by low condom use and high prevalence of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which make a person more susceptible to contracting HIV/AIDS. In one study, 45 percent of female sex worker ]

    http://www.youandaids.org/Asia%20Pacific%20at%20a%20Glance/SriLanka/index.asp

  • 8 Nov 2007 20:34:03 GMT

    No-way is number one country with aids.

    The groups get their aid no doubt get aids!

  • 8 Nov 2007 21:56:46 GMT

    Flintop,

    Relearn your O/L mathematics.. You seem to care so much about Jaffna women.. Something wrong with you..

    kanthun, and Jaffna is the biggest Tamil town...

    Numbers tell us a lot about people`s habit..