Rajagiriya bomb incident was administered from London Kilinochchi Commissioner arrested
(LeN-2007 June 27, 5.30pm) Government Defence spokesperson minister Keheliya Rambukwella says the person who is directly involved with transporting the bomb that was found in Rajagiriya yesterday, was residing in a Colombo lodge.
Speaking to the media this afternoon the minister said that 8 persons have been arrested in connection to the incident and one of them is a Provincial commissioner from Kilinochchi and the person directly involved with transporting the bomb is a Mason who has come to Colombo in search of a job.
He added that the bomb has been brought to Colombo in the Commissioner's official vehicle and the Commissioner's driver has been ordered via a call from London to take the vehicle to a car park in Maradana and to take two persons that would be there, to a particular destination. The minister said these details were uncovered during interrogation.
The government defense spokesperson also thanked the public for being vigilant and informing the security forces on any suspected persons or objects adding that a massive devastation was foiled due to a vigil of the public.
Meanwhile it is reported to 'LeN' that 252 persons have been arrested during a special search operation conducted in the Rajagiriya are from last night till dawn, among them are 50 females.
All though the minister earlier promised that abductors and criminals who are involved in the gross human rights violations that are taking place in Colombo and suburbs would soon be brought to books, but yet nothing has been done so far. However the minister today reiterated that culprits would be brought to book adding that the government will not shut doors and sleep while these issues are occurring.
Rambukwella said the Indian Peace Keeping army which had a force of around 15,000 to 20,000 soldiers could not capture the east but the Sri Lankan troops have already captured 99% of the eastern provinces territory.
Edited By - Berty - 28 Jun 2007 05:09:59 GMT